Saturday, January 23, 2010

Strep Throat Duration Need Advice On My Particular Sore Throat?

Need advice on my particular sore throat? - strep throat duration

I was with a sore throat 3 weeks before diagnosed and prescribed an antibiotic. Streptococci to antibiotics and grown 2 days, but almost immediately a sore throat again, which lasted for the duration of treatment with antibiotics, and now held for 1 week after cessation of antibiotics.

Symptoms are a very dry throat and sore in the morning, but quickly with a glass of cold water calmed down. The pain is very mild in general, but a little more intense when yawning. I feel soft and mild pain in my upper range, if not always well lubricated with water or food. Food is all the discomfort, to be shortened a few hours, but I must constantly drink water to avoid pain. I was already 3 weeks and I am a little worried when I could be a symptom of the common cold virus, and am wondering what I mean is that the question of evil by a neck for a few weeks? Are among the patients?

7 comments:

  1. I had the same thing. I drank hot tea, including tea coat the throat that are offered in a health food store can. I began taking ginger tea with fresh ginger, because I read that for people with neck pain help. I realized I can not do anything too cold or what really strikes a nerve in the neck, because I had a sore throat.

    I think your body tries to get rid of him. It is normal that sometimes our bodies take longer for the two to be sick again, especially this time of year. If it persists, at least I go to the doctor and see what he says. Your doctor can see. If you are affected by all means ask your doctor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. under the hot tea (tea, especially peppermint) every 4 hours, works great for me! or U could make a hot drink such as malt Horlick and Ovaltine, Malt try to refresh the throat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Make sure a humidifier at the bedside. When you breathe through your mouth, it is likely that dry mucous membranes. Moreover, according to the antibiotic, you can still Strep. If this is not allergic omnicef I recommend (if not allergic) to penicillin. Call your doctor for further treatment with antibiotics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found that if you can help to gargle with warm salt water acouple every day. Sounds like you would call your doctor. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found that if you can help to gargle with warm salt water acouple every day. Sounds like you would call your doctor. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A traditional Asian medical gargling warm salt and crushed ginger for 30 seconds and swallow. Then you get 3 and kumquat juice squueze in hot water and eat the inside and outside to make sure your wash or reuse of kumquats not eat until the evening. This is a good source of vitamin C and helps to reduce redness, dryness / rashy throat and mouth when you cough.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You could even strep. Call your doctor and explain your symptoms. be issued to another antibiotic.

    ReplyDelete